Friday, September 9, 2011

DIY Seaside Home Decor

I have fallen more in love with seaside influenced decor. Not that I'm not obsessed with anchors...already. But, I decided I needed some more ocean inspiration here in Arizona. My bathroom is a gorgeous teal blue with a blue bird and foilage motif, very vintage. Accents are oak, darker maple and canvas. I have two small shelves previously hung with randoms on them and a stretched canvas with fron in between.

Added to the mix: dollar store sea shells, frames. Misc pearls, beads, stones that I had already on hand. Michael's glass bottles with cork tops, $.99 as well, 'Goop' glue to adhere shells, and my personal photos of ocean, lighthouse, seagulls, also a cholla skeleton for added texture!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. I love that color - it's really close to the color of my bedroom! I found a pink chenille bedspread (new) that looks very good with it, if you ever run across one. The new one will do me until I can find a vintage one!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Pink is such a happy color too along with the aqua!

    ReplyDelete